Read this carefully, i will write this only once ;-)
This template make use of bootstrap 3. This is not loaded form a CDN but included in the install. So no dependencies what so ever. Extensive Bootstrap documentation can be found on the bootstrap website. So first get in to that before popping any questions ;-)
You need to have some basic knowledge on how to place modules in positions, and these terms should not be new to you. if they are, read my dutch joomla manual ;-)
You can also have a look at this youtube movie i made:
Install the files
The installation has 4 files. One free template file, and 3 free module files. All are required to be installed. The order in which you install is not relevant. As long as you install all of them.
There are 4 files:
- joomlanext.zip > the template file.
- mod_bootstrapblock.zip > the bootstrap block module, a nice multipurpose tool to create just about anything, like a pricing table for instance.
- mod_bootstrapnav.zip > the top module that has to be placed in the menu position, active on all pages, it holds the logo, navigation and search.
- mod_jumbotron.zip > you can use one per page. in any position you like. We use this for the showcase position.
There are some paid modules, like bootstrap slideshow, boostrap gallery, jumbotron video. All are explained to detail, and are available for clubmembers.
All files can be installed in the regular Joomla! way:
Extensions > Manage > Install >Upload & Install Joomal extension
Setting up the homepage
- Set your homepage to have the featured articles enabled. In this case you can choose to not show the content section on the homepage, and get a slick page, or if you want to, just have 1 article featured, that is shown on the homepage.
- Publish the mod_bootstrapnav in the MENU position;
- Publish the Joomla Search in the SEARCH position;
- Create a search resultpage, for the search results to be shown on;
- Start publishing any of the modules in any of the module positions, and making sure that the menu assignment includes the homepage
The positions named TOP-A, TOP-B, TOP-C, TOP-D, BOX, BOTTOM-A, BOTTOM-B, BOTTOM-C, BOTTOM-D, FOOTER can hold up to 4 modules each. Not publishing in the first (eg TOP-A-1) will not show any! If you have two in top-a publish them in TOP-A-1 and TOP-A-2. Etc. The really neat thing is that the module automatically adjust the width according to the number of published modules.
For 1 its 100% wide, for 2 each one is 50% wide, for 3 each one is 33% wide and for 4 each one is 25% wide, all fully responsive.
Using Google Fonts
This is really neat about this template, you can use google fonts for your website, and please do! Using them works as follows. When setting up the fonts for headers and body, you must setup 2 values per font, the family, and the style. for instance: